Monday, January 31, 2011

Next Step

Well it has been a month since I last posted and we have made a few more decisions for our wedding. I’ve noticed that no matter how bad my day is I can’t help but smile when I’m planning the wedding. Even if I am stressing about affording the wedding and reception, it’s worth it because we will be beginning a new journey in our lives together.

So we have been working on asking our chosen wedding party members. I have decided at the time being to forgo asking my cousin since I'm not sure where she stands on our relationship completely and I feel like she is busy with her own life. I have also decided to forgo asking my friend Jami until we know for sure how many people will stand with Addie. I decided to do this because I don’t want any of my girls to buy a dress and then have to tell them oops sorry I can’t have you up there with us. As for her people she originally wanted to ask Hannah and Alison two of her friends but did not think they would be able to and now it seems that Hannah might be able to stand up for her. She has Devon and Adam, to which Devon is going to let her know soon if he can get off work for it. We are still waiting on a reply from Adam. Her choice of Kaysha turned out not to work so we are still looking at possibly four people per side but that will just depend. I asked my friend Katie and Sasha to stand up with me and they have both agreed. I also asked my nephew Bryson to be our ring bearer and he has agreed. So we are going to have Jazmyn and Bryson for flower girl and ring bearer. We still have to ask Autumn to be our second flower girl. So at the time being I have my matron of honor and my 2 bridesmaids but the dresses are on hold right now.

I chose the color I want for the dresses but since one of my bridesmaids needs me to buy her dress and she’ll pay me back I can’t be sure if that is the color that I will get or not. They told me that the dresses are special order in that color so I need to order it at least 12 weeks before and thus it will depend if I can buy hers in time. I love said bridesmaid but she kept telling me we should’ve chosen a darker blue and a brighter orange and that’s just not us. We want elegant and beautiful and to us the lighter tones fit the two of us and are both elegant and beautiful. The color is Capri from David’s bridal and the dress is perfect for my pregnant matron of honor as well as my bridesmaids. It is long and beautiful and flows. I’ll post a picture after I finally order it. We have decided that we would like to white dresses for our flower girls and we have found the petals we plan to order as well.

For Addie’s crew we decided we wanted her to wear black pants, white button up, a vest and tie and them to mimic that minus the vest. We already bought her button up for 12 dollars and it fits nicely so we spent a little bit more money woot. We also priced how much pants would be for the two of us and we were quoted 50 so we will see if we end up going that route. I finally found my corset top here is what it looks like. I haven’t purchased it yet but I will in the next few weeks.

We have also discussed songs for both the wedding and reception. We have decided songs such as entering the church, exiting, unity candle song, my father/daughter dance, our first dance and so on and so forth. We have also decided to do a boutonniere toss instead of a garter toss. We have also priced our wedding bands and will buy those in the coming weeks as well as have begun looking for a reception spot, cake toppers, a baker and deciding who we wouldn’t mind having take photos for us. We also decided to forgo a sit down/catered rehearsal dinner for a more lax dinner out after the rehearsal for those who wish to attend with us.

My sister and matron of honor sent me a list last night of things to do so we are using the checklist to make sure we have and do everything that needs to be done. It is a help to just hear from her about ideas and tips and any help she can give.

Thanks for reading and please comment and give any suggestions or such.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thats quite an update. :) You wrote a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the corset =D

    I'm eager to hear moorreee! ^^ <3

    ReplyDelete